[openstack-dev] [Neutron] FWaaS: Support for explicit commit

Sumit Naiksatam sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 19:23:35 UTC 2013

Hi Aaron,

I seemed to have missed this email from you earlier. As compared to
existing Neutron resources, the FWaaS Firewall resource and workflow
is slightly different, since it's a two step process. The rules/policy
creation is decoupled (for audit reasons) from its application on the
backend firewall. Hence the need for the commit-like operation which
expresses the intent that the state of the rules/policy be applied to
the backend firewall. We can provide capabilities for bulk
creation/update of rules/policies as well but that I believe is
independent of this.

I posted a patch yesterday night for this
(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/41353/).

Thanks,
~Sumit.