[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Need help with HBase backend

Stas Maksimov maksimov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 13:49:40 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas,

I definitely saw this before, iirc it was caused by monkey-patching
somewhere else in ceilometer. It was fixed in the end before i submitted
hbase implementation.

At this moment unfortunately that's all I can recollect on the subject.
I'll get back to you if I have an 'aha' moment on this. Feel free to
contact me off-list regarding this hbase driver.

Thanks,
Stas.
 Hey team,

 I am working on a fix for retrieving the latest metadata on a resource
rather than the first with the HBase implementation, and I'm running into
some trouble when trying to get my dev environment to work with HBase. It
looks like a concurrency issue when it tries to store the metering data.
I'm getting the following error in my logs (summary):

 *013-08-11 18:52:33.980 2445 ERROR
ceilometer.collector.dispatcher.database
[req-3b3c65c9-1a1b-4b5d-bba5-8224f074b176 None None] Second simultaneous
read on fileno 7 detected.  Unless you really know what you're doing, make
sure that only one greenthread can read any particular socket.  Consider
using a pools.Pool. If you do know what you're doing and want to disable
this error, call eventlet.debug.hub_prevent_multiple_readers(False)*

 *Full traceback*: http://paste.openstack.org/show/43872/

 Has anyone else run into this lovely little problem? It looks like the
implementation needs to use happybase.ConnectionPool, unless I'm missing
something.

 Thanks in advance for help! :)

 -Thomas