[openstack-dev] [keystone] Feature Proposal Freeze: August 28th

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 16:27:38 UTC 2013

With regard to:

  https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/FeatureProposalFreeze

This is an optional deadline that at least two other projects are
enforcing: Nova (Aug 21) and Neutron (Aug 23). Although it's a bit late in
cycle, I'd like to ask keystone contributors to follow the same, albeit at
a slightly relaxed date due to the late notice (apologies! I wasn't aware
of the idea until yesterday, but I certainly believe it would be beneficial
to the stability of the release).

>From my perspective, *August 28th* seems to be a reasonable date. This is a
week ahead of OpenStack's Feature Freeze, and the week after Nova &
Neutron's Feature Proposal Freezes. That gives us an extra week to ensure
new features are well-reviewed, but hopefully won't cause anyone any undue
stress.

If you're CC'd on this email, then you probably have a milestone 3
blueprint assigned to you. However, the two potentially affected blueprints
(that I'm aware of) are domain quota management and backend pagination
support, as neither have proposed implementations in review:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/domain-quota-management-and-enforcement
  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/pagination-backend-support

If this causes you any alarm, speak up!

Thanks,