[openstack-dev] [Nova] Hypervisor Version Support

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Wed Aug 7 14:54:07 UTC 2013

I guess this is the same issue we faced with the capabilities filters
and things, when drivers don't report stats in a consistent format.

If we dictate the driver reports things in a standard format, it will
make our lives much easier, I think.

Currently, some report their own format, and a few (not just libvirt)
use the libvirt format. It would seem better to report something more
standard like "a.b.c.d". But to be honest, I think consistency is the
key here.

John