[openstack-dev] [Heat] The way to use one config file with new oslo module

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Aug 7 02:54:08 UTC 2013

Excerpts from Emilien Macchi's message of 2013-08-06 09:09:08 -0700:
> Hi,
>
> Since https://review.openstack.org/#/c/36476/ has been merged, heat
> could use only one configuration file : heat.conf instead of
> heat-engine.conf, heat-api.conf, etc.
>
> I would like your thoughts about deleting old configuration files, since
> that could break something in the CI.
>
> I already made a first patch here : https://review.openstack.org/#/c/40257/
> But let's discuss about it before continuing to work on this patch.
>
> Cheers,

Does oslo.config or anything in oslo-incubator give us some help with
deprecating old config files?

We haven't had a release with the current layout, which was done somewhat
aggressively because grizzly's Heat wasn't really integrated. But I don't
like the idea of moving config files that have been in place for a long
time without giving users some heads up about the move.

As for removing the old sample confs, I am all for it.