[openstack-dev] [DevStack] Python dependencies: PyPI vs distro packages

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Aug 6 15:35:23 UTC 2013

I think jay your usage also was before anvil started to build all the *missing* dependencies automatically (something u inspired me to get going in the first place) so hopefully said updates to rhel.yaml are only now needed for exceptions and not the common path :)

Sent from my really tiny device...

On Aug 6, 2013, at 8:28 AM, "Jay Buffington" <me at jaybuff.com<mailto:me at jaybuff.com>> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 4:36 AM, Ian Wienand <iwienand at redhat.com<mailto:iwienand at redhat.com>> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 03:37:24PM -0700, Jay Buffington wrote:
> I used Anvil for the first three months, but it required constant
> updating of dependency versions and it didn't support quantum.

What do you mean by "updating" here?  The rpm packages being updated
causing a lot of churn, or some manual intervention required on your
behalf?

Updating Anvil's conf/distros/rhel.yaml