[openstack-dev] devstack modifying git repository

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at enovance.com
Tue Aug 6 03:56:24 UTC 2013

Hello,

I just saw that
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/commit/6c84463071e1ff23e20e4ef4fb863aba0732bebc
as just landed.

I understand the good reasons for that and thanks for the works that
has been done into it but this has come to  some weird side effects of
having devstack modifying your source tree when running it.

My workflow when working on a feature/bug and I suspect I am not the
only one is usually, run devstack, hack the source, unittests,
unstack.sh/stack.sh run the devstack again etc.....

When I commit those I would be commited that updated requirements, is
it the side effect we want to force, should the commiter commit those
or remove them before git-review it ? This seems to me some extra
works for commiters/reviewers.

Chmouel