[openstack-dev] [neutron] [ml2] Configuration file sections for MechanismDrivers

Kyle Mestery (kmestery) kmestery at cisco.com
Mon Aug 5 20:22:34 UTC 2013

While working on the OpenDaylight ML2 MechanismDriver, one thing which cropped up was configuration file options for MechanismDrivers and were those should be stored. I was initially of the opinion we should put all configuration sections into the ml2 configuration file, but this could get crowded, and would make the sample one confusing. The other option is to create them in separate configuration files per-MechanismDriver, and pass those on the command line when starting the Neutron server. This keeps things tidy from the perspective that you would only need to modify the ones you plan to run with Ml2.

So my question is, which route do people prefer here?

I'll have to make some changes to the ML2 devstack configuration to support this no matter which way we go forward, as it currently doesn't support the concept of separate configuration sections for MechanismDrivers.

Thanks,
Kyle