[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Ceilometer and nova compute cells

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at rackspace.com
Mon Aug 5 16:37:00 UTC 2013

On 08/05/2013 04:49 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 02 2013, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 7:47 AM, Julien Danjou <julien at danjou.info> wrote:
>>> That would need the RPC layer to connect to different rabbitmq server.
>>> Not sure that's supported yet.
>>>

>> We'll have that problem in the cell's collector, then, too, right?
>
> If you have an AMQP server per cell and a Ceilometer installation per
> cell, that'd work. But I can't see how you can aggregate at higher
> level.

At RAX we have one StackTach per region with one worker (collector) per
cell. This should work for CM as well, no? Our reports are therefore,
per region, but per cell is available if needed (metadata included from
each worker).

We expect to have the functionality available from CM by using the
metadata from the underlying events.