[openstack-dev] [nova] Autogenerating the Nova v3 API specification

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 14:36:45 UTC 2013

On Mon, 5 Aug 2013 14:55:15 +0100
John Garbutt <john at johngarbutt.com> wrote:
> Given we seem to be leaning towards WSME:
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-August/012954.html
>
> Could we not try to make WSME give us the documentation we need?
>
> Not sure if its feasible, but it seems like there is a good start to
> that already available:
> https://wsme.readthedocs.org/en/latest/document.html

Hrm its not clear from there how the API samples are generated.
But more generally I have a concern with making having a specification
for the V3 API dependent on getting WSME merged - since I think its a
reasonably big chunk of work and certainly won't land until sometime in
the icehouse timeframe. In the meantime without some automation of the
process its likely we won't have a V3 API spec as there are around 60
extensions (with all their methods) to document.

Regards,

Chris