[openstack-dev] [climate] Mirantis proposal to extend Climate to support virtual resources reservation

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Mon Aug 5 09:22:22 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 02 2013, Patrick Petit wrote:

> 3. The proposal specifies that a lease can contain a combo of different
>    resources types reservations (instances, volumes, hosts, Heat
>    stacks, ...) that can even be nested and that the reservation
>    service will somehow orchestrate their deployment when the lease
>    kicks in. In my opinion, many use cases (at least ours) do not
>    warrant for that level of complexity and so, if that's something
>    that is need to support your use cases, then it should be delivered
>    as module that can be loaded optionally in the system. Our preferred
>    approach is to use Heat for deployment orchestration.

I agree that this is not something Climate should be in charge. If the
user wants to reserve a set of services and deploys them automatically,
Climate should provide the lease and Heat the deployment orchestration.
Also, for example, it may be good to be able to reserve automatically
the right amount of resources needed to deploy a Heat stack via Climate.

--
Julien Danjou
// Free Software hacker / freelance consultant