[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Network Information Sharing with OpenFlow Controller

Kyle Mestery (kmestery) kmestery at cisco.com
Mon Aug 5 02:04:01 UTC 2013

On Aug 4, 2013, at 1:20 AM, P Balaji-B37839 <B37839 at freescale.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone in the community is working on the OpenStack Controller and OpenFlow Controller Integration for Network and VM Information sharing.
>
> High level approach on this is attached to this mail as PPT.
>
> Idea is to share the Network and VM information to OpenFlow Controller for DC Network OpenFlow Switches. Based on this Network/VM information OpenFlow Controller can add flows to these OF-Switches based on the shared Network/Port Information. This use case is for Data Centre Networks where OpenStack Controller deployed for SDN Network.
>
> Any comments or thoughts on this are appreciated.

Hi Balaji.P:

There is already integration with Ryu [1] which has been upstream as a Quantum/Neutron plugin since Folsom. And we are currently working on integration with OpenDaylight [2] as well. Both of those are capable of being OpenFlow controllers. Can you explain how your design is different or could build upon either of those?

Thanks,
Kyle

[1] https://github.com/osrg/ryu/wiki/OpenStack
[2] http://www.opendaylight.org/