[openstack-dev] [Climate] New architecture vision

Dina Belova dbelova at mirantis.com
Fri Aug 2 11:27:56 UTC 2013

Howdy, everyone!

I'm really glad to announce some great news about
Climate<https://launchpad.net/climate> project
started some time ago - OpenStack Reservation service. It was created to
meet needs of full hosts reservation according to
this<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Blueprint-nova-planned-resource-reservation-api>
BP
and now there are something new to said about it.

Idea of cloud resource reservation is extremely important and can be
interesting for a lot of different use cases. That's why we,
Mirantis<http://www.mirantis.com>,
and Julien Danjou (who've started this initiative with guys from
XLcloud<http://xlcloud.org/bin/view/Main/>)
decided to improve this idea and make it more flexible and more interesting
for the future OpenStack based clouds.

We've prepared new
vision<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Resource-reservation-service>
of
how Climate as the Reservation Service should look like to provide both
virtual and physical cloud reservations.

We will be really glad to take feedbacks from you and your thoughts about
this initiative.

The future architectural questions will be discussed in dev mailing list,
so you are welcome to comment and improve this initiative!

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dina Belova

Software Engineer