[openstack-dev] [CI] Now gating on Python 3.3

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Aug 1 17:04:22 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-01 14:43:48 +0300 (+0300), Roman Prykhodchenko wrote:
[...]
> It would be very helpful to mention those projects.

Sure! For the past day or so, openstack/oslo.config and
openstack-dev/pbr have been gating their unit tests on Python 3.3
(I've been told this even caught a potential py3k incompatibility in
a proposed change to pbr yesterday).

The goal in targeting the most common lower-level dependencies like
these first is, of course, so that developers interested in py3k
support can climb their way up the tree in a slightly more efficient
manner without branches falling out from under them (at least where
the dependencies under our direct control are concerned). This also
means we'll probably have to start pinning third-party dependencies
in the future if they temporarily break py3k compatibility.
--
Jeremy Stanley