[openstack-dev] [Nova][Heat] scheduled-images blueprint

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Apr 30 19:23:49 UTC 2013

Greetings,

The following blueprint was proposed for the havana series:

    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/scheduled-images

Based on the current design, I think the nova part of this needs to be
deferred.  It does not seem appropriate to add an API extension that
talks to a service that is not an integrated project, or at least incubated.

Beyond that, I'm curious about the choice to implement this as a new
service.  I definitely agree that this is not something that should be
implemented inside of Nova.  However, I wonder if it makes sense as a
feature in Heat.  It seems like an orchestration feature.

Thoughts?

--
Russell Bryant