[openstack-dev] [Quantum][LBaaS] LBaaS development plan for Havana

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Apr 30 01:02:53 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:

> So ... speaking of LBaaS future plans ... it seems really odd to have
> this in the project formerly known as Quantum, err, OpenStack
> Networking.  It honestly seems like something I would have expected to
> be in its own project.  Feel free to send me off to read previous
> discussions on this if needed.
>
> Does anyone else have concerns about this?

Certainly there's a push in nova to become as simple as possible -- moving
nova-network, nova-volumes and nova-baremetal into separate projects are
all examples. I'd like to see a test something along the lines of "is this
absolutely needed by a majority of deployments?". If it isn't perhaps it
should be its own project?

Now, perhaps that's true of LBaaS, but I'd like to be educated here if
possible.

Michael