[openstack-dev] Fwd: [Quantum][LBaaS] LBaaS development plan for Havana

Eugene Nikanorov enikanorov at mirantis.com
Mon Apr 29 19:37:27 UTC 2013

Hi Pattabi,

Yes, option 4 is about the architecture proposed in that patch on review.
Device inventory is also planned. I've already filed corresponding
blueprint. In fact, there was already a bp about that ("device
management"), but I decided to file the new one with more appropriate name.

> Also, can the vendor driver implement the logic of device selection as
against the Plugin Driver/Device Scheduler choosing the device ?
Sure. I think that could be done in plugin driver the first option (plugin
driver is vendor-specific just like device driver).

> Also, to get the end to end vendor driver integration, need support for
exception handling on the Agent side so that if there are any
exceptions/errors happen while configuring the device, the device driver
can propagate it to the Agent and Plugin.
That will be done in two ways: first of all PENDING_ statuses will be
implemented so each object receives PENDING_ status and then final status
after driver/agent acknowledges the operation. Need to think about how to
store possible errors.

Thanks,
Eugene.