[openstack-dev] [OSLO][RPC] AMQP / ZeroMQ control_exchange vs port numbers

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Mon Apr 29 14:37:36 UTC 2013

> Yes, I'm proposing the concept of "exchange" purely as a namespace for
> projects to keep their topics separated ... and allow multiple instances
> of the project share the same space by allowing the exchange name to be
> user configurable.

Yes, but your wiki page lists control_exchange as something that could be specified as part of a target. It seems to me that a control_exchange is tied to a broker. We can't specify the control_exchange in the target unless it is part of the transport URL and we allow transport URLs to be specified in the target.

As Russell said, there are reasons we might not want to support this use-case, although I believe there are advantages for dealing with cells in a cross-implementation fashion.

Regards,
Eric Windisch