[openstack-dev] Oslo messaging API design

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Apr 29 10:12:37 UTC 2013

Hey

I've been working on gathering requirements and design ideas for a
re-design of Oslo's RPC and notifications API. The goals are:

  1) A simple and easy to understand RPC abstraction which enables
     all of the intra project communication patterns we need for
     OpenStack

  2) It should be possible to implement the RPC abstraction using a
     variety of messaging transports, not just AMQP or AMQP-like

  3) It should be a stable API with plenty of room for backwards
     compatible evolution in the future so that we can release it as a
     standalone library

Here's what I have so far:

  https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Oslo/Messaging

There's plenty to discuss - please try and spawn off separate threads
(i.e. change the subject) for specific topics rather than addressing the
entire topic at once.

Thanks!
Mark.