[openstack-dev] Nova workflow management update

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Sat Apr 27 15:43:38 UTC 2013

Thx Russell,

Now we just need to keep this momentum on fixing all of this going forward. Likely a ton of coordination will be required to achieve the biggest bang for the buck.

Ntt and y! will do what we can to drive this prototype (whichever pieces get accepted...) into reality (and get it reviewed in small chunks...) and will likely be helping driving the core workflow library into reality (which hopefully will be the foundation for the future state fixing tasks/reworking workflows...).

The nova core seems like it understands where it wants the conductor to go. I am still iffy on mixing the db stuff with conductor like stuff, due to scaling and functional differences, but that I think was mentioned/discussed in the last meeting. It might help the larger work that is undergoing if more of the conductor vision/plan were documented which would help us all get on the same page (and know where to place it in the larger work). Perhaps this can be a todo? This will help avoid future conflicts and misunderstanding if there is time put upfront to make this clear to all involved parties.

Overall, it gets very interesting since these are all working along the same goals (and will likely be happening simultaneously) and must be driven toward the same finish line...

Likely we all should keep in close touch to achieve maximum benefit... What do u think?

Sent from my really tiny device...