[openstack-dev] Change (from some way back) in the data returned by server create

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Thu Apr 25 20:53:05 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

Comparing the response of the current create server API to an old system (call it Diablo ;-)  it looks like there is now a much smaller set of data returned.    What I was expecting is more something like the 78 line example documented in the API spec:   http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-compute/2/content/CreateServers.html#d6e1297,  but what I actually see is more like:

{
  "server": {
    "security_groups": [
      {
        "name": "default"
      }
    ],
    "id": "7ab2dff2-6a71-497a-b097-627833ebe680",
    "links": [
      {
        "href": "http:\/\/compute.test.net\/v2.0\/34837751408416\/servers\/7ab2dff2-6a71-497a-b097-627833ebe680",
        "rel": "self"
      },
      {
        "href": "http:\/\/compute.test.net\/34837751408416\/servers\/7ab2dff2-6a71-497a-b097-627833ebe680",
        "rel": "bookmark"
      }
    ],
    "adminPass": "3tLTBKEkc6mN"
  }
}

Can someone explain why and when this changed - and did we forget to tell the documentation team ?

Cheers,
Phil