[openstack-dev] [Heat] Template repository location (infra guidance needed)

Adrian Otto adrian.otto at rackspace.com
Wed Apr 24 16:20:18 UTC 2013

Steven,

I don't think we need to use Stackforge at all anymore. Heat is integrated. Let's keep things simple, and use the Heat repo for Heat's work product. The way I see it is that if an OpenStack dev is creating a template as part of a Heat development effort, then the artifacts relating to that work belong in OpenStack.

We may want to consider a future setup where there is a central community repository where best practices for deployment of various applications and systems can be expressed as templates and stored in a registry or repo that can be browsed by OpenStack users. Think CPAN, or PIP. This is where templates could go that are not part of a coordinated release. That may or not belong in OpenStack, but I think that's actually a separate discussion.

Adrian