[openstack-dev] [OSLO][RPC] AMQP / ZeroMQ control_exchange vs port numbers

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Apr 24 14:53:38 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 24 2013, Russell Bryant wrote:

> That seems like a step backwards to me.  Right now we have a nice
> generic notification mechanism that can be consumed by ceilometer or
> something else.  This would be a move toward coupling all projects
> with ceilometer specifically.  Is there something problematic with
> consuming notifications as they are today?

No no, not really. Ceilometer consume one notification from the
notification AMQP bus, transforms it into several meters, then emits
these meters on the RPC again.

My idea is to provide a notifier driver (that could be used with or
without the RPC notifier driver) to emits directly the meters and avoid
one round-trip and useless AMQP load if someone doesn't care especially
about notifications being on the AMQP bus.

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker # freelance consultant