[openstack-dev] [OSLO][RPC] AMQP / ZeroMQ control_exchange vs port numbers

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Apr 24 14:47:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 24 2013, Eric Windisch wrote:

> I'm also wondering what Ceilometer's support for multiple AMQP servers
> should be? Each control exchange could be comfortably deployed on a separate
> RabbitMQ/Qpid server without breaking anything, at least anything except
> Ceilometer.

Right, that's a fair point too. That's probably where we deduce that
control exchange is a point of isolation as IP and TCP ports are, so all
of this (ip:port/control_exchange) should be part of the AMQP server
address, and control exchange shouldn't be a parameter to cast() and co.

The change needed would then to allow easily several rpc connection to
be handled -- something that, AFAIK, as been since always hidden in the
RPC API, since you don't have to provide a connection object at any
point.

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker ; freelance consultant