[openstack-dev] [Infra] Adding IPv6 records for Gerrit and Jenkins

James E. Blair jeblair at openstack.org
Wed Apr 24 00:13:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

At 18:00 UTC on Friday, April 25, 2013 we will add AAAA records to the
DNS for review.openstack.org and jenkins.openstack.org.

A while ago, we moved these hosts to next-generation Rackspace Cloud
servers which provide native IPv6 connectivity.  The entire
Infrastructure team has been looking forward to this for a while and is
very excited about doing our part to help IPv6 adoption!

The first time you submit a change to Gerrit after the AAAA record is
added, you may receive a notice that the host SSH key for the IPv6
address is being added to your list of known hosts -- this is normal.
The host key itself, however, is not changing, which means that you
should not need to accept it.

We don't expect any problems related to this change; in fact,
wiki.openstack.org has had a AAAA record for some time.  Nonetheless, if
you do have problems, please let us know in #openstack-infra on freenode
or email.

Thanks,

Jim (and the rest of the Infrastructure Team)