[openstack-dev] [Heat] Template repository location (infra guidance needed)

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 20:53:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

We've had some discussions recently within the team about creating a
"heat-templates" repo somewhere, for the following reasons:

1. Separate the existing example templates[1] from the main code repo
2. Provide a central place for us to put/review new heat-native/dsl/HOT
   templates when we define/implement the syntax [2]
3. Somewhere to put the oz TDLs we currently bundle with heat-jeos[3] so
   that we can deprecate that tool and replace it with a simple shell-script
   or documentation.

So our discussions so far have revolved around creating a stackforge
"heat-templates" repo, which seems OK, but my question (for the
infra/release team) is, would it make more sense to make another repo under
the main openstack org, since these templates will be directly related to
Heat (although possibly not part of the coordinated release)?

I'm happy to go ahead and create a stackforge repo if another repo under
the main openstack github org is deemed a bad idea, but wanted
clarification/guidance before proceeding.

Thanks!

Steve

[1] https://github.com/openstack/heat/tree/master/templates
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/open-api-dsl