[openstack-dev] [Nova] Future of nova-api operations that act on all servers on a host

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Tue Apr 23 16:46:03 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 14:31 -0500, John Garbutt wrote:
> I am not sure I like diverging from python-novaclient, I was thinking
> more of a external repo that is full of these style commands:
> https://github.com/openstack/python-novaclient/tree/master/novaclient/v1_1/contrib

Who said anything about diverging from python-novaclient?  To me,
"diverging" implies having two independent but complete implementations
of something, and those two implementations start evolving in different
directions.  My proposal is simply set up a new CLI tool that leverages
the python-novaclient API to implement these complex administrative
operations.  (And you could, if you wanted to, make those into CLI
extensions to the existing python-novaclient, instead of a separate
tool, but I think it becomes cleaner and clearer to use a new
"nova-admin" command for that…)

--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>