[openstack-dev] [keystone] Inherited domain roles

Bhandaru, Malini K malini.k.bhandaru at intel.com
Tue Apr 23 00:58:43 UTC 2013

Today which machine a Vm runs on is determined by Nova-Scheduler based on resource availability and
meeting end user specified constraints (such as memory, number of vCPUs etc). The end-user should not care if the VM is migrated to another similar machine due to maintenance reasons (applying software patches, de-commissioning a physical machine etc). Any activity that is parallel to this would be management, a cloud super-user related activity ? It would be something the super user would embark upon regardless of
domain bounds.  Also something a super-user might undertake on a domain de-activate.

This would be regardless of allowing end-users  to request migration of their VM (to a cheaper machine? More reliable machine?)

Malini