[openstack-dev] [Heat] TOSCA support blueprint updated after design discussions at Havana summit

Adrian Otto adrian.otto at rackspace.com
Mon Apr 22 21:23:47 UTC 2013

Thomas,

On Apr 22, 2013, at 1:45 PM, Thomas Spatzier <thomas.spatzier at de.ibm.com>
 wrote:

> Adrian,
>
> I also have some input on the DSL proposal that I was planning to write
> down in the next days. Therefore the question, how we plan to shape the
> discussion.
> Are we supposed to 'just' update the current DSL wiki page, or would it
> make sense to have a DSL/Discussion page where we discuss open items and
> then promote to the main DSL page when we reach agreement?

Let's link to an ether pad where we can work together on segments that need revision. See below:

> One of the items I would bring up, for example, is the inclusion of a type
> system (e.g. component-type where we only have component today) to have one
> place with all the metadata instead of repeating it in several places when
> a component of some type is used. That is one item that would mapping to
> TOSCA easier, but also will become useful quickly once people start
> thinking of a type catalog that would, for example, populate the palette of
> a drag&drop tool.
> More details and some concrete proposals when I write this down in the
> proper place …

Let's start here and see if that helps facilitate the interaction:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/heat-dsl-questions

It is liked from the DSL wiki page at: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Heat/DSL

Cheers,

Adrian