[openstack-dev] [Nova] Future of nova-api operations that act on all servers on a host

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Mon Apr 22 17:47:54 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 13:33 -0400, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Of the things that already exist, python-novaclient makes the most
> sense.  I'm concerned with the significant scope increase, though.  This
> takes novaclient from a fairly straight forward API wrapper library and
> cmd line tool to something that orchestrates nova operational
> activities.  Maybe that's ok, though.  I'd like to see some more in
> depth exploration of how this might be structured so that it's only
> exposed to admins and kept somewhat separate from the traditional stuff
> in novaclient that is just wrapping the API.

Maybe the solution then is not to implement these sorts of
administrative tools in novaclient; just implement the base calls, then
write a new administrative tool that uses the novaclient API and
performs the calls; you could call it "nova-admin".
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>