[openstack-dev] [OpenStack] Empty tables in client list output

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Sat Apr 20 19:02:08 UTC 2013

Hey Everyone,

First off, I apologize as I believe there was some conversation about this
previously that I missed...

The safe_encode/decode changes in common/strutils.py when pulled in
resulted in the clients (cinder and nova, possibly others) printing out an
empty table on list commands when there are no items present.  I believe
some changes were added to the tests to account for this, but my question
is: Was there some sort of consensus that this was the desired behavior?

Based on the commit messages for the patch there's nothing indicating that
this was intended so I've been assuming it's a bug.

John