[openstack-dev] Future of Launchpad Answers [Community]

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Sat Apr 13 09:25:57 UTC 2013

Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> On 04/11/2013 02:14 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> This is how our Gerrit does it, link to a search URL in the openstack LP
>> name space:
>>
>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack/?searchtext=flexible-block-device-config
>>

>> Not perfect, but maybe good enough ?
>
> Do people really remember the exact name of the blueprint? If you don't
> remember and need to go look for it in LP, you might as well paste the
> whole URL... or am I missing something?

This is not about search, it's just a way to find a blueprint by name.
You just automatically change bp:foo to a link to
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack/?searchtext=foo

The main benefit is that it allows random users to create links to
blueprints, without needing to pile up karma.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack