[openstack-dev] Havana roadmap?

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Apr 12 07:11:34 UTC 2013

Interesting view,

I was thinking that most companies and groups of people, even in open source like to have leadership which clearly knows where they want to "sail the ship" for the next six+ months. And said direction should be something concrete and simple (aka fits in one or 2 sentences). Doesn't that seem like a good thing to have?

Like for example.

"During my term I will try to make nova more stable and reliable."

Now that goal is at a high enough level that it can be tolerant to developers failing to actually submit any work (to some level) but it is also somewhat measurable so that after 6 months is up people can ask themselves if nova is really anymore stable and if not then maybe said person is not a good project leader. It always acts as a steering force for which types of blueprints people will submit and so on...

How else do people measure whether a  project leader is doing good or bad without this kind of initial goal and evaluation?

Sent from my really tiny device...