[openstack-dev] Havana roadmap?

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Apr 11 23:00:13 UTC 2013

Howdy all,

I was talking with a co-worker here @ y! and both of us were thinking about how we know what features are planned for the next 6 months.

I know summits are supposed to be the driver of this, and the talks that occur, but after the summit sessions and talks and such is there a single place/wiki(?) that each PTL states exactly what they plan to accomplish after the input from the summit. I see there is http://www.openstack.org/software/roadmap/ which is at a very high level.

Would others feel it is useful to have PTL's write down there goals and desires for the next 6 months (not at such a high level as the above link).
This can then be referred to when voting for the next PTL and so forth.

I just have always sort of felt that it was hard to tell what a PTL's goals were for each 6 month interval, and how to compare what they did/accomplished vs what they stated they would attempt to do.
Having a plan that the PTL supports seems to be a good thing in general, so that the direction of said project is steered.

Thoughts?
Does something like this already exist and I didn't find it?

Thanks,
Josh