[openstack-dev] [Quantum] VXLAN support for linuxbridge

Tomasz Paszkowski ss7pro at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 20:17:19 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM, Tomasz Paszkowski <ss7pro at gmail.com> wrote:

>> It's a good question which doesn't only concerns proxy-arp feature but
>> also VXLAN support...I suppose the agent could exit as it would be an
>> incoherent configuration, but the plugin should also check if VXLAN is
>> enabled globally in order to prevent provider network allocation if VXLAN
>> is not supported.
>>

> So we can't provider network allocation in current model as only agent
> know if vxlan is supported.

Please accept apologizes for my English. In fact we can't prevent provider
network allocation for vxlan. In current model  only agents knows what
features are supported or not. I'am not sure if just exiting an agent is a
good solution, as usually agent will be immediately restarted by system.
I believe that producing error message should be enough.

--
Tomasz Paszkowski
SS7, Asterisk, SAN, Datacenter, Cloud Computing