[openstack-dev] RFC: Recording/providing ISO image headers in glance

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 07:54:24 UTC 2013

On 09/04/13 17:43 -0700, Mark Washenberger wrote:
>Generalizing beyond the context of ISOs makes a lot of sense to me,
>and it could dovetail nicely with efforts to auto-detect the container
>and disk formats of an image.
>
>We might want to resurrect last summit's image-workers concept (which
>didn't gain much traction in grizzly when it came time to actually
>code things up) in order to handle this work.
>
>I don't imagine we'll ever be in a place where we can make strong
>guarantees that these kinds of properties are set across all relevant
>images, however.

Just catching up with this thread.

So, The idea makes sense if implemented generally as you suggested.

In addition to that, having a way to "recognize" containers and doing
"other" specific operations over them gives more space for other
features (not mentioning here, I'll create a blueprint for that).

This seems like a good thing and a good topic for a meeting!

Cheers,
FF

--
{ name: "Flavio Percoco",