[openstack-dev] Grizzly's out - let the numbers begin...

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Tue Apr 9 01:48:30 UTC 2013

On 04/08/2013 12:43 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> Perhaps we can laud lines of code deleted?

Every number can be meaningful or not, it depends on what you make of
it. I've had an interesting conversation about lines of code
added/removed with Jesus Barahona, he's got interesting ideas on how to
make sure that these are meaningful. For examples, lines added sometimes
are for adding new features but sometimes they're just moving functions
from one file to another, or moving files across directories.  The
Bitergia team is thinking of ways to actually distinguish new lines as
added features from simple shifting code around the repository.

The more we use these tools the more they will improve :)

/stef