[openstack-dev] Failing CI tests on python-novaclient

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Apr 8 20:36:11 UTC 2013

On 9 April 2013 05:00, Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com> wrote:
> There seems to be a brokenness in the jobs that run the unit tests on
> python-novaclient.  At least one patch which does nothing more than
> modify a docstring is failing on all unittests, and several reviews all
> show similar errors, along with a lack of testr_results.html…
> --
> Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>

Indeed, and sorry about that. The cause was a new release of subunit,
which added the new version 2 wire protocol. I had tested the whole
ecosystem for compatibility forward and backwards, and the specific
case of 'new subunit old testrepository' was known to break *unless* a
subunit-2to1 filter was put in the pipeline; when I discussed that
with the -infra folk they didn't think we'd have any issues, because
the new testrepository would be brought down with everything else due
to the PyPI mirror : sadly that global install mentioned in the review
wasn't pulling from the PyPI mirror, and so it sucked down a new
subunit on it's own.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>