[openstack-dev] Discussion about how to define flavor for project in horizon

Ray Sun qsun01185 at cienet.com.cn
Wed Apr 3 08:41:54 UTC 2013

I am not sure this is the right place to discuss implementation.
My colleague and I want to implement this feature:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/define-flavor-for-project

Currently, we have two ways:
1. We want to add a "public checkbox" in flavor editing page, and add a new
step called "Flavor Access" to allow user to select the project for
accessing the flavor. And there's no relationship between the "public
checkbox" and "flavor access". That's means when user check the "public
checkbox", it's useless to do any operation on "Flavor Access".
2. Only add a "Flavor Access" Step at flavor editing page, and by default,
we will choose all the projects for the specific flavor, so flavor's
is_public will be always true if user don't do any operation in the
database. If user remove one project from "Access List", we will update the
flavor to private and update the project access list.

Please help. Thanks.

- Ray
Best Regards

CIeNET Technologies (Beijing) Co., Ltd