[openstack-dev] [openstack-qa] Blueprint: list-tested-apis

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Apr 2 10:51:43 UTC 2013

Is there a reason you aren't using the nova coverage extension instead?
I think if the eventlet issue was addressed we'd be able to get a much
more consistent report out of that.

For instance, the 132 tests on /project_id/servers tell you very little
on whether we are passing good or bad attributes to it.

I like the eventual format, but it feel like we should try to leverage
the existing code instead of building yet another coverage counter.

	-Sean

On 04/02/2013 01:49 AM, Mitsuhiko Yamazaki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a blueprint I've registered.
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/list-tested-apis
>
> Now Tempest team adds test cases aggressively for quality assurance.
> This blueprint intends to find effectively which test case should be added.
>
> As far as I investigated, Nova has 240 RESTful APIs, but only 30%(75/240) APIs are tested in Tempest.
> The method of this blueprint enables developers to find which API is tested using new APIs(start/stop recording, create a report).
> This is useful for developers, and it would promote the test development.
>
> At first, my target is to detect which API is called in Tempest.
> The prototype code is registered at the following URL and we can get a report like below.
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/25882/
> ---------report output------------
> Tested API: 75/240
> Tested No  Method Path                                                         Action
>       0 000 GET    /
>       0 001 POST   /{project_id}/servers/:server_id/consoles
>       0 002 GET    /{project_id}/servers/:server_id/consoles
>       0 003 PUT    /{project_id}/servers/:server_id/consoles/:(id)
>       0 004 DELETE /{project_id}/servers/:server_id/consoles/:(id)
>       0 005 GET    /{project_id}/servers/:server_id/consoles/:(id)
>     132 006 POST   /{project_id}/servers
>      13 007 GET    /{project_id}/servers/detail
>      41 008 GET    /{project_id}/servers
>      14 009 PUT    /{project_id}/servers/:(id)
>       0 010 POST   /{project_id}/servers/:(id)/action                           restore
>       1 011 POST   /{project_id}/servers/:(id)/action                           suspend
>       0 012 POST   /{project_id}/servers/:(id)/action                           migrate
>     [...]
>       0 239 GET    /{project_id}/os-snapshots/:(id)
>
> We'd like to discuss the design. Any comments are welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Mitsuhiko Yamazaki

Sean Dague
http://dague.net