[openstack-dev] Writing Openstack Nova API extensions

Trinath Somanchi trinath.somanchi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 16:30:27 UTC 2012

Hi Kevin-

Thanks a lot and lot....

I have Successfully written my NEW Extension with your help..

It would be impossible for me to learn and write an extension for the
Openstack API.

Thanks a lot and lot and lot for the very precious help... Happy today,
after 2 weeks of efforts to understand and learn the API to write my New
extension.

Need some more info, for me to go further.

We have nova-api daemon running in the controller. How will the request
sent from novaclient reach the extension for further processing. like, the
role of paste, webob, wsgi and router frameworks.

I think this may be a very big question. But you help is valuable for me to
understand the same since I feel the Nova API source code a bit complex to
understand.

Can you please kindly guide me understand the same.

Thanks a lot again.

-
Trinath

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Kevin L. Mitchell <
kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-09-27 at 10:28 +0530, Trinath Somanchi wrote:
> > [1] What are Member action and Collection actions? I see them in the
> > Source code, of the ResourceExtension. Can you shower some light on
> > these terms, their usage and significance.
>
> The "member_actions" and "collection_actions" keyword arguments map to
> the "member" and "action" keyword arguments to Routes' resource()
> method.  See:
>

> http://routes.readthedocs.org/en/latest/restful.html#resource-options
> --
> Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>