[openstack-dev] Keystone auth_token middleware

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 04:54:15 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-09-21 at 19:24 -0500, Dolph Mathews wrote:
> Agree-- this topic has come up several times, and I think it's just a
> matter of deciding between keystoneclient or openstack-common.

Right, we had a thread on this only 2 weeks ago :)

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2012-September/001184.html

> Although I wouldn't immediately think to look for middleware in a client
> library,

I don't see why it would be so non-obvious for it to live in a client
library - the code is used by multiple services so a library makes
sense, it acts as a client to keystone's API and a shared middleware
needs to have a stable API like any other API in a client library.

> my vote goes to keystoneclient; auth_token should utilize
> keystoneclient's python API anyway.

Yep, I too think keystoneclient makes most sense.

Cheers,
Mark.