[openstack-dev] Writing extensions to Nova API

Trinath Somanchi trinath.somanchi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 03:16:25 UTC 2012

Hi-

Got a doubt while understanding the extensions existing in the nova api
source code.

I understand that the extension extend the behavior of an existing expert
class.

But I have a doubt, How the extension based definitions/methods are mapped
to the URI ?

For example,
The servers.py has methods detail and show (lets say). I write a extension,
extension_about_servers.py with a method (lets say) about().

I want to know How the URI is mapped to the method about() in the newly
written extension.

Please help me understand this.

Thanks in advance.

--