[openstack-dev] [Nova] Nova Man Pages

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 20:12:25 UTC 2012

On 09/18/2012 03:26 PM, Joe Gordon wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am pleased to announce Nova finally has man pages.  They can be viewed
> at https://github.com/openstack/nova/tree/master/doc/source/man and
> built with:
>
>  `python setup.py build_sphinx -b man`.
>
> This first iteration of the man pages is very basic and includes the
> following:
>
> * Title
> * A brief description
> * Related Files
> * Copyright
> * Version
>

>  As a community, we can get the man pages in a better state for Folsom
> (Release September 27th).  Suggested areas of improvement:
>
> * Improved Titles and Descriptions
> * Expand "Options" section
> * Log file information
> * Overall cleanup
>

> Thanks for your help.

And thanks for getting this started!

There are certain bits of information that will be the same across many,
if not all of the man pages, such as a lot of the command line options.
 It would be nice if someone could script something that makes updating
and maintaining these long term not as painful.

--
Russell Bryant