[openstack-dev] [Quantum][LBaaS] 9/18 Meeting summary

JC Martin jcmartin at ebaysf.com
Tue Sep 18 17:12:39 UTC 2012

During this week's meeting we summarized the discussion topics we wanted
to propose during the summit :

Tenant API
	- review of comparison of various implementations
        - Review a proposal for common resource model for tenant api

Provider API
	- discuss the Implementation as either a single endpoint with extensions
or a different endpoint.
	  For reference, nova is using both : nova-api expose different endpoints
(os-api, metadata, ...)
	  and extensions for admin actions (e.g. http://goo.gl/udpkK)
	- discuss proposed resource model for provider API

Plugin Model
	- Service capabilities versus plugin capabilities versus middleware
capabilities
	- Multiple simultaneous plugins (to support multiple LB models)

Capacity Management
	- middleware based
	- plugin based
	- core service

Quantum Integration/dependency
	- should the service be deployable standalone (without Quantum) ?

Additional dependencies/integration
	- keystone
	- horizon

AI : JC to propose a provider Resource Model and REST API, hopefully by
next meeting.

Feel free to add if I missed/misrepresented any topic

JC