[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Modal views with multiple tabs + tables and pagination
rsharma at contrailsystems.com
Sat Sep 15 04:45:07 UTC 2012
1. I am not restricting the question to Access & Security. But in general what would be the usability guidelines for refactoring pages with multiple tables (without adding them to newer pages).
2. TabbedTableView + Ajax loading of tab only when it is clicked + table pagination were the three things I was thinking of.
3. What would be your suggestions for displaying pages with multiple tables (this has to be consistent across Horizon)? You mentioned tabs may or may not be ideal, what were you thinking of?
4. Are there any examples for using TabbedTableView and TableTab.
5. Table pagination - Does the table class provides pagination support?
Thanks for the responses.
On 15-Sep-2012, at 1:52 AM, Gabriel Hurley wrote:
> Yep, the TabbedTableView (http://docs.openstack.org/developer/horizon/ref/tabs.html#horizon.tabs.TabbedTableView) and TableTab (http://docs.openstack.org/developer/horizon/ref/tabs.html#horizon.tabs.TableTab) are great for that.
> I agree that those pages can get overloaded, and finding the right way to address that (tabs may or may not be ideal there) is definitely a good thing to get done in Grizzly.
> - Gabriel
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Rahul Sharma [mailto:rsharma at contrailsystems.com]
>> Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:25 AM
>> To: OpenStack Development Mailing List
>> Subject: [openstack-dev] [Horizon] Modal views with multiple tabs + tables
>> and pagination
>> Currently if we want to have multiple tables in a page (like Access & Security),
>> then we are using MultiTable views. Problem with MultiTableView layout is
>> that in case of more tables or more entries in upper tables, the subsequent
>> tables may not be visible.
>> Instead of this, is there a way to have tabs like in workflows, and then in each
>> workflow tab have tables (like in security group rules) and then have modal
>> forms (or workflows) for actions on the rows in this table?
>> Any clue if the horizon core views can support something like this?
>> Another query was on pagination, with few of the client api's supporting
>> pagination, are there any chances of tables having native pagination support?
>> OpenStack-dev mailing list
>> OpenStack-dev at lists.openstack.org
> OpenStack-dev mailing list
> OpenStack-dev at lists.openstack.org
More information about the OpenStack-dev