[openstack-dev] [CI] Gerrit Trivial Rebase Detection (LP bug 881184)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Sep 11 14:43:38 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-11 12:15:37 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> It appears that git-patch-id is fairly inflexible in this regard,
> taking no options to alter its whitespace-ignoring behaviors. It's
> doing something akin to diff's -w whereas the behavior we'd want is
> more likely along the lines of -BEb instead... or maybe even none at
> all, since this also has implications for work which could in fact
> be whitespace-only (PEP 8 conformance fixes, for example).
[...]

Based on a quick IRC discussion on -infra it sounds like the next
step would be to implement a new CLI option in git-patch-id, causing
it to consider all whitespace changes substantive (and then see if
we can get this feature merged upstream in Git as well).
--
Jeremy Stanley on behalf of the OpenStack CI Team