[openstack-dev] Syncing volumes changes from cinder into nova

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Tue Sep 11 02:05:53 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Mark McLoughlin
<markmc at redhat.com<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'markmc at redhat.com');>
> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> On Fri, 2012-09-07 at 15:11 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > As discussed in Nova's meeting yesterday, I've taken a look at what
> > changes still need to be synced from cinder into nova
> >
> > Tedious stuff to pick through the commit logs and diffs, but here's what
> > I came up with:
> >
> >   http://etherpad.openstack.org/cinder-to-nova-sync
> >
> > I've gone ahead and handled some of the low hanging fruit, but wanted
> > someone more familiar with the changes to do the others. What remains:
> >
> >  * c191d0d Add admin actions extension
> >
> >  * 5475deb Add 'detaching' to volume status
> >    * Nova patch was abandonded: https://review.openstack.org/11625

 There was some concern around this one due to the fact that it introduced
a new state that could be presented via the api (detaching).  I have an
updated version I'll submit tomorrow.