[openstack-dev] Isn't it better to make cgroups_path configurable?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 15:35:15 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 08:29:25AM -0700, David Kang wrote:

>  Hi Daniel,
>
>  You are right.
> That's why we applied a kernel patch to make 'lxc-attach' work.

Ahh, that explains it ! I was worried I had missed something
obvious for a minute :-)

> Now:
> $ ls /proc/self/ns/
> ipc  mnt  net  pid  uts

Yep, that's exactly what we'd need to see.

> Kernel wise, we are using 2.6.38 with the kernel patch.
> We are using RHEL6.2.
> Initially we wanted to use RHEL6.2's default kernel with the kernel patch.
> But, either the patch doesn't exist for the default kernel, or the available patch did not work with the default kernel.
> So, we tried a few other kernels and found out that 2.6.38 works with the available patch.

If you don't mind, could you post the patch you're using somewhere,
or mail it to me. I might use it to hack up libvirt support for
this while we're waiting for upstream kernel acceptance, so we'll
be ready ahead of time.

Daniel