[openstack-dev] openstack common pep8 version.

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 19:10:04 UTC 2012

We merged a handful of files from common to Keystone, and ended up with
some PEP8 warnings.  I suspect it is because we have a newer version:
pep8-1.3.3

tox.ini in common has:
deps = pep8==1.1

keystone/openstack/common/iniparser.py:57:13: E125 continuation line
does not distinguish itself from next logical line
             (value[0] == "\"" or value[0] == "'")):
             ^
     Continuation lines should align wrapped elements either vertically
using
     Python's implicit line joining inside parentheses, brackets and
braces, or
     using a hanging indent.

     When using a hanging indent the following considerations should be
applied:

     - there should be no arguments on the first line, and

     - further indentation should be used to clearly distinguish itself as a
       continuation line.

     Okay: a = (\n)
     E123: a = (\n    )

     Okay: a = (\n    42)
     E121: a = (\n   42)
     E122: a = (\n42)
     E123: a = (\n    42\n    )
     E124: a = (24,\n     42\n)
     E125: if (a or\n    b):\n    pass
     E126: a = (\n        42)
     E127: a = (24,\n      42)
     E128: a = (24,\n    42)
keystone/openstack/common/timeutils.py:125:18: E128 continuation line
under-indented for visual indent
                  year=tyme['year'], hour=tyme['hour'],
minute=tyme['minute'],
                  ^
[...]

keystone/openstack/common/timeutils.py:126:18: E121 continuation line
indentation is not a multiple of four
                  second=tyme['second'], microsecond=tyme['microsecond'])
                  ^